Kentucky Lake Outdoor Trail - Liability Release Form
By being allowed to participate in the Kentucky Lake Outdoor Trail fishing tournament series conducted by Sportsmens Digest for 2017, I acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. I realize the risk of loss or damage to person or property, disability, injury or death from the activities involved in tournament fishing is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis, illness, injury and death to a person and destruction of equipment.
2. I declare that I currently have or will obtain prior to the tournament events, Boat Owners Liability Insurance (including coverage for third party property damage &bodily injury) with no Tournament Exclusion, having a minimum limit of at least $100,000.00 per occurrence. Anglers insurance must be issued by a reputable insurer rated A or better. I will surrender a copy of current insurance to any KLOT official at each registration if asked.
3. I have been informed by Kentucky Lake Outdoor Trail of the contents of this document through my reading it, and have had the opportunity to seek legal counsel with respect to the legal effect of this document before signing it.
4. I knowingly & freely assume all risks referred to above, & all other risks of tournament participation, without limitation, both known & unknown, if arising from the negligence of the releases (as defined below) or others, & assume full responsibility for risks arising from my participation in the tournament.
5. I, for myself & on behalf of my heirs, personal representatives, assignees & next of kin, hereby release, indemnify, & hold harmless Kentucky Lake Outdoor Trail, Sportsmens Digest, the directors, officials, officers shareholders, consultants, agents and/or employees of each, other participants, & sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, with respect to any & all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, which I suffer or which I am found to have caused in whole or part by my negligence or intentional misconduct, whether arising from the negligence of the releases, or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. If there are any questions raised by the tournament director or officials of Kentucky Lake Outdoor Trail as to my veracity in respect to my participation in any tournament, I will volunteer to submit to a polygraph examination and understand that failure to pass the examination will result in disqualification from such tournament and potentially from Kentucky Lake Outdoor Trail at its discretion as provided by the rules of the organization. I have read the attached rules, this release of liability & assumption of risk agreement, and fully understand their terms, & understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, & I am signing this document voluntarily & freely.
PRINT BOATER NAME:________________________________________________
BOATER SIGNATURE: ________________________________________________ Date:______________
PRINT PARTNER NAME: ______________________________________________
PARTNER SIGNATURE: ______________________________________________ Date:_______________
I, as a guardian/parent do hereby certify that I have legal responsibility for the participant & I agree & give my consent to his/her release as provided above of all the releases & for myself, my heirs, assignees, & next of kin, I release & agree to indemnify & hold harmless the releases from any & all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from the negligence of the releases, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Guardian/Parent of minority age participants must sign liability release at registration. Age if under 18 _________
Guardian/Parent Signature: _________________________________________________ Date_____________
Guardian/Parent EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER(S) ______________________________________________